Not too much has been going down in the Whistler Wired Offices although we do have a new addition to the office in the form of Juniper, Chris’ new dog who was saved from a Taiwan Dog Meat Market and she has slowly been getting used to office life.
There’s a lot of things going down in November and we’ve collated the events we think you might enjoy best, it’s going to be a busy month, so clear your schedule otherwise you’ll miss out on some great events not to mention the Whistler and Blackcomb open towards the end of the month. Below is a list few of the events and links to them for more information.
Whistler Community Services from November 5-9 are holding events from the public to attend called Connect Whistler (https://mywcss.org/programs/connectwhistler/ – for more information).
- November 7, 2018 at 19:30 – 21:00 at the Whistler Library with a very important class if you are thinking about heading into the back country for the first time with an “Introduction to Back Country Skiing and Avalanche Awareness Workshop” on presented by Mountain Skills and Academy and Adventures who hold a few courses throughout the season.
- November 8 – 18, 2018 is Cornucopia, in their own words, “Cornucopia, presented by Blue Shore Financial, the True North of food & drink festivals – a place of culinary reckonings, where the wild meets the refined and the epic and the epicurious come together. Cultivate passion. Open wide. Let your taste buds run wild.” https://whistlercornucopia.com/ – for more information and tickets
- November 9, 2018 there are a couple of events:
13:00-15:00 – Luna Polar Bear Dip : Lost Lake : Its exactly what you’re thinking. Fancy a dip in icy cold waters. (https://mywcss.org/event/luna-polar-bear-dip-3/
15:00-18:00 – iF3 Film Festival 100% Skiing: The Long Horn Saloon : Free : (19+ Only) Presentation 1 consisting on 9 ski film shorts (ranging between 8-30mins long)
19:00-22:00 – iF3 Film Festival : The Long Horn Saloon : $$ : (19+ Only) Presentation 2, 5 ski movie premieres. visit https://festivalif3.com/en/venues-and-events/whistler_canada_2018/general-info/ for more information (100% Snowboarding premieres Nov 10).
- November 28 – Dec 2, 2018: Whistler Film Festival : Back again for its 18 Annual Film Festival showcasing the talent of upcoming and indie film makers Canada has to offer. Visit https://whistlerfilmfestival.com/ for tickets and information.
- November 30 – Dec 02, 2018: Viessmann Luge World Cup 2018 at the Whistler Sliding Centre, $10 will get you a spectators ticket to watch the best the world has to offer in the luge discipline plus you get to cheer on Canada! Visit https://www.luge.ca/en/wcw2018/ for more information
Most importantly and the reason we’re all here in this playground we call Whistler, is the opening day which will fall on Thursday 22 November. Like most years, this is normally just an advisory date as depending on the amount of snowfall might open early. For more information visit https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/about-the-mountain/mountain-info.aspx