We want to assure our owners, guests and employees that we are taking measures to address the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure the safety of everyone involved.
Travelling to Canada (Updated December 2021)
The best resource for the most up to date rules and regulations is: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
Pre-entry test required – PCR test done 72 hours prior
Providing proof of your result
When you arrive at the border, you must present an accepted test result (paper or electronic proof) which includes:
- Traveler name and date of birth
- Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
- The date the test was conducted
- The type of test conducted
- The test result
You must show proof of your test result even if you have:
- tested negative for COVID-19 previous to the 72 hour period
- been vaccinated for COVID-19
- recovered from COVID-19 and no longer test positive
- recovered from COVID-19 and continue to test positive
Keep proof of your test result with you for the 14-day period that begins on the day you entered Canada.
At this time, travelers should have their test performed at a reputable laboratory or testing facility (i.e., one recognized by the local government or accredited by a third party, such as a professional organization or international standards organization).
All travelers must:
- provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test
- keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada
Quarantine plan in case you don’t get the exemption
Final determination of whether or not you qualify for the exemption is made by a government representative at the border.
You must therefore be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, in case you:
- are symptomatic
- don’t meet the requirements
Mandatory for all Arrivals: Use ArriveCAN app to submit your travel details up to 72 hours before arrival providing proof of your vaccination
In ArriveCAN, you must provide:
- the details of your first dose (date, country and vaccine you received)
- the details of your second dose if one was required (i.e., for Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines)
- a photo or PDF file of the record of each dose of your vaccination, such as receipts, cards, or confirmations:
- if you received two doses and they are both recorded on a single card or PDF, upload that same image or file for dose 1 and again for dose 2
- file formats accepted: PDF, PNG, JPEG or JPG
- maximum file size for upload: each image upload has a 2 MB size limit
- preferred file format: if you received a PDF file of your vaccination record, upload the PDF rather than an image, since the PDF is clearer and easier to read
- these must be in English, French, or a certified translation into English or French
Bring your original proof of vaccination with you while you travel.
Arrival by Air
Arrival test – Random mandatory testing for passengers on arrival to Canada (Subject to change)
All fully vaccinated travelers arriving by air will be subject to random arrival testing. Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to quarantine while they await the results of their arrival test. There is no fee for the test.
Arrival by Land
LifeLabs conducts the BC land tests. If you pre-register, it will save you time when you enter Canada.
Flying Internationally (Updated December 2021)
When flying out of Canada, negative covid tests are required before boarding. Most countries now require a PCR test before boarding. Please be sure to find out what test you are required to take. Countries have differing requirements. Antigen test results take 20-30 minutes. PCR test results can take up to 48 hours.
It is strongly advised to pre-book your test in advance.
You can use the following links:
https://covid-medical.ca/ – Vancouver based, offering antigen and PCR tests. Price ranging from $99 – $900 + Tax.
https://BettrCare.com/ – Whistler based, offering in home PCR test. Price ranging from $250 – $350 + Tax.
https://www.bonvoyagemedical.com/ – Vancouver & Whistler based, offering antigen and PCR tests. Price ranging from $79 – $475 + Tax. They offer a 20 minute PCR test taken at Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel, 3111 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, BC , V7B 0A6 (International/ USA Departures Terminal).
https://www.airwolfmedical.com/whistler-covid-test – Whistler based, offering Convention Centre and in home PCR and antigen tests. Price ranging from $149 – $349 + Tax.
https://www.whistlertesting.com/ – Whistler based, offering antigen and PCR testing at Whistler Hilton Hotel. Prince ranging from $149 – $269 + Tax.
https://www.myhealthaccess.ca/branded/creekside-health – Whistler Based, offering PCR testing at Creekside Health. Price ranging from $250 – $269 + Tax.
WW BOOKING TERMS
The 4% Booking Fee is non-refundable.
Non-refundable deposit of 25%.
Final payment due 30 days prior to arrival.
No refunds with the exception of a *Travel Prohibition
A government imposed border closure, or travel ban, prohibiting you from leaving your home province, or from entering British Columbia allows you two options:
1. 100% credit for a future booking at any Whistler Wired property within 12 months subject to availability and rate change, or
2. 100% refund less the 4% booking fee.
New Cleaning Protocols
Whistler Wired employs our own housekeeping and maintenance staff and does not use third party cleaning services. We have expanded our strict protocols for cleaning based on the direction from Worksafe BC and the Government of British Columbia. Our staff have been fully trained to take the utmost care in ensuring your accommodation is safe and clean.
To help you feel safe our Covid-19 protocols include:
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Extra cleaning with disinfectant on all key touch points
- High-temperature linen washing
- Property hot tubs are serviced before every guest arrival
- To protect our guests and staff we will only be offering mid-stay cleans by request for an additional fee